36" belt driven fixed deck: Scags, Exmark or Toro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1notredame, Mar 26, 2003.

1. 1notredame

1notredame LawnSite Member
    from florida

I have demoed all three models and can not make up my mind. If anybody has any experience with these models, your advice would be very much appreciated.

RH

2. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I've ran the exmark metro and its hard for me to think anything else can be much better. In the fixed deck gear drive category.

3. BRIAN GALLO

BRIAN GALLO LawnSite Senior Member

The Exmark metro and Toro 36 fixed are identical machines except for the steering controls. I don't see how you can go wrong there.

4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

I have two Scag 48'' mowers, ones a belt drive that's about 12 years old which I purchased used and last year I bought a brand new hydro. Both mowers have been flawless aside from general maintenence. Since joining this site I would probably get an Exmark if I was buying a ZTR but I am not sure if I would buy their walkbehind because they are not to popular in my area (alot of ZTR's though).

5. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a scag 36 with a 13 kohler, great mower never had any problems, I don't have any idea how many hours are on it but I can say alot. It is a little under-powered. Get the biggest motor you can get.

6. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I just ordered the metro 36 with ecs today..i love the steering and feel comfortable that my guy won't get his hand caught between the handles and a tree breaking is fingers or hand...i think i wil be happy with my purchase..hopefully i will pick it up next week!!

7. fatboy5803

fatboy5803 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Scagg 36" W/B, belt drive,13 hp Kohler and like it very much. I really haven't needed more power, but more is better than not enough...... Good Luck........

:cool: Lou