36 bobcat blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dbc45420, Jul 1, 2005.

1. dbc45420

dbc45420 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Hey everyone. I just bought a 36 bobcat and the blades are lower on ends than in center. Meaning when I bought hi-lift blades from j-thomas they cut 3/4 of inch taller. Can i use these? Buy spacers? Will the spindles be ok w/ possibly up to 1 1/4 inch spaceing. I have the fixed so adjustment is made w/ spacers above blade. I hope you understand what i am saying. I have no idea what is supposed to be on there. I searched and seen there was some discussion on this but no exact answer to my questions. Basically can I use straight blades and how. And should my blade be set close to deck bottom or whay up in there? Thanks for any info.

Brad

2. zmowing

zmowing LawnSite Member
    from York,PA

trash them. buy the from bobcat they cut much better.I tried lesco blades on that mower had poor cut.

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

If your spindle bolts are long enough to space the flat blade so the blade tip is 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the bottom of the deck and you use a similar lift and sail design you won't know the difference in cut or performance.

4. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

The blade spacers are part of the combination of blade height adjustments available. Your manual should show how to get the cut height you want and where to put the spacers.

5. dbc45420

dbc45420 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

The manual say a max of (2) 1/4 inch spacers. The blades are 3/4 of an inch difference from the get go. So even with spacer they are not same height of cut. And I would not be able to cut lower if wanted to.

6. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

This is because with the stock blades more than two washers will put the blade too low in the deck for safety issues. You can add more washers if your bolts are long enough. I have used flat blades with more washers for years on my BOBCAT with no problems. Use I/8 inch spacers-washers to match heights. I like 1/8 inch spacers better as they match height changes with the 21 inch mower if you are only raising one axle at a time.

7. dbc45420

dbc45420 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

That makes sense. Thanks a lot. So just use washers from hardware?