36" Exmark Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Shuter, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

After coparing many walkbehinds for product, ease of operation, product for the money, and service, I am going to get a 36" Metro with the ECS controls. Any comments on this mower, both good and bad. Thanks

2. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry about not using spell check --- After COMPARING.......

3. grassslicer

grassslicer LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

I have used an 36in. exmark metro commercially for over four years in order to get in backyards and for smaller yards, putting over 1500 hrs on it. I have had no problems at all, too bad I can't say that about my other experiences with exmark products. I now use scag products, however, I would not hesitate to purchase another 36in. metro again.

4. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Metro HP its a floater and the deck is sooooo much easier to adjust the height on. I was quoted $3,100 new.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have a 2000 36" metro I bought new. It is a great mower. Only 1 problem ever and it wasn't eXmark, but the kawi. Minor anyway. I highly recommend these mowers.

6. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

ffshuter, are you talking M3613KAC?...I have M3613KA, pistol version. All I can say is "rock solid tank," with smooth and "beautiful" cut besides being one of the best and easiest control system (I like only eXmark's pistol). I found that ECS plastic top of handles are little bit weird to operate, the way neutral/park/drive is locked, but overall you should get the hang of it in weeks, great machine.
    Tell your dealer to adjust your rear axle height to E position raising to the highest, so you can play with blades and caster spacers for cutting height adjustment quickly.
    I had to readjust rear axle myself to get 4-4.25" or 3 7/8" cause factory setting is at D position...good experience overall, learn a lot.
    How much $$ you are paying? I got my @ $ 1900 plus tax. I guess your ECS is around $ 2500?

7. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Good decision. Have one I bought at the beginning of last season and once they got the initial bugs worked out it has been great. Actually with the fixed deck it is no problem to adjust height. Rearrange a few washers on the front caster and you are set. Mulch kit works great. Enjoy your new mower

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

I've had my Metro for almost a year now with not one single problem. I have the mulch kit on mine. Works great. Leaves a fantastic stripe and cut.

9. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

What hp are you guys running it with?
    I'm thinking of getting a 32" viking, should I just save my money and get a metro?
    I am going to use it as my primary untill i recover after all the initial costs I'm going to have after I get insurance and all that fun stuff. Then I think I might look at that 25hp hustler!

10. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the 12.5 Kawasaki which is fine but kinda wish I had gotten the 15 Kohler. I know some run a sulky behind the 12 but I am not sure if it would work for me at 230lbs. Either one I don't think you will be disappointed