36'' exmark pro tracer vs. Gravley 44z

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnBoy627, Jan 21, 2013.

1. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

Im looking at down sizing from my 44'' gravley to a 36'' exmark. ( Should give me a cleaner cut, and all around a better mower) the only downside is that by down sizing mowers it would increase mowing time. (Spend more time at properties mowing grass) Any of you have any suggestions? I am a one man operation with about 40 customers. Most my customers are residental yards under 1/2 acre.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/search/sss?query=exmark&srchType=A&zoomToPosting=&minAsk=&maxAsk=

Here is a link to the mower i am looking at purchasing.

All suggestions and advice would be appreciated.

2. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

To Clarify- I own a Gravley 44z ztr and am looking a purchasing a 36'' exmark pro tracer walk behind.

3. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

i'd keep the zero turn for your larger more open properties and jump on the Exmark for the smaller gated one.. That is a good deal for that mower also as long as it doesn't have a ton of hours on it.. Looks good..

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Did you take the time and go physically measure your gates?
    I was sure glad I did the above cuz I needed a 32 instead of a 36 to avoid using a 21. There are too many BIG backyards behind a gate to use a 21 on, IMHO. 21 stays at home...PERMANENTLY.
    If you can keep both, do so. If you need the money and don't mind using a 21...then you'll know what you need to do. Best to you in '13.

5. Snapper Jack

Snapper Jack LawnSite Senior Member

Have you tried different blade lifts to see if that helped in creating more vacuum to help cleaning the cut up ?