36" exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by trulinelandscaping, Mar 8, 2005.

1. trulinelandscaping

trulinelandscaping LawnSite Member

Hello any ideas on how to get the blades off. These damn bolts are on like they welded them on. I have tried putting the wrench on the top bolt and then the bottom one but no do. Thanks

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get something to block the blade and then put a large pipe on the wrench. That ought to get it off. Or, use an impact gun!
  3. VanceTrendov

VanceTrendov LawnSite Member

But mabye you shouldn't be mowing lawns. I come to this form to learn how to make my business better, so i can make more money. Not to hear common sence

Vance Trendov
  4. Appalachian landscape

Appalachian landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Isn't it more common to know how to spell sense? :waving:
  5. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I thought the purpose of this site was to gain more insight about Lawns and landscaping......

Sence is sum reel goode spellin
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

What the hell is your deal?? Sometimes it is tough to get them off. Give him a break! How does not being able to take blades of determine whether or not you can mow. I can't work on a car but i can sure as $hit drive!
  7. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

oh here we go again..............
  8. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

what are you talking about? this guy has a problem, and he's looking for an easier way to solve it. people have to ask questions to learn. you ,obviously, don't want to help others learn either. if everybody took your attitude, this forum would be nothing.

to answer the originall question, you may want to consider buying an impact wrench if you are going to be changing over 6 blades a week. you can put a block of wood under the deck to stop the blade from moving and use a pole slipped over the socket wrench. btw, if you have an air compressor, you can buy air impact wrenches too.
  9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

well, back to the question. I use an impact wrench. Works wonders.
  10. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

I had this same problem with my 48" Exmark so I know exactly what your talking about. Them DAMN things are on there good huh.
    Ok first of all make sure your turning the right way. Lefty loosey. Get you a breaker bar at least 2' long. I just used a 3' pipe I bought from home depot for a few bucks as someone stated in a previous post. Mine were on so tight I had to get my brother to hold the top nut while I popped the bottom one loose. And boy did it pop. It's kinda tricky by yourself if there on as tight as mine were.
    Thats all there is to it. Good luck.