1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" Ferris owners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by martyman, May 24, 2002.

1. martyman

martyman LawnSite Member

Hi I gave up today trying to fix my belt drive so I went and bought a Ferris today. I mounted my pro-slide and I found that the front end is very light now. I re-mounted it again lower than before and it is better but I still find the machine hard to steer and find the front end is still very light. any comments or suggestions. I'm just wondering if I should add some weight to the front?

2. FerrisDJB

FerrisDJB LawnSite Member

I had the same problem so I fabricated two brackets, one for each front wheelmount and ran a bar between them adding approx. 40lbs. I use this particular Ferris 36 Hydro for really steep hills, going straight up/down. The extra weight does keep the front-end down going uphill. My 48" Ferris carries too much weight down hill to use.
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with FerrisDJB, I have my Scag with a single wheel Velke and the deck likes to jump when you mow so I welded on some bolts and put a 30 pound weight on it. Doesn't jump any more.:D