36" Ferris wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mad_Russian776, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Mad_Russian776

Mad_Russian776 LawnSite Member

I'm considering purchasing a 36" Ferris UltraBelt 15hp kawasaki. Does anyone run this model? I would really appreciate any advice on the reliability and overall quality of this machine. Asking price is $2700.

2. howardsells2000

howardsells2000 LawnSite Senior Member

I have one. I'm new to the business. I shopped around and the Ferris dealer in my area convinced me on the Ferris 36" belt drive. I also bought a used 52" Ferris DD walk behind. I have been mowing with the 36" for about 2 weeks now. It seems like a great mower but it wears me out in the small yards. It is a pain with the shifting and no real reverse. Reverse is more like an assist. I wish I would have bought the dual hydo 36". But then again that would have cost me almost double. Mine was a brand new 2005 left over. I paid $2400 for mine. I hope I will just get used to using it. If I have a clear yard with no obsticles it's fine.

A lot of people on this site talk about the quick 36. That's a hydro. It might be worth looking into. Just make sure someone in your area will service it for you. That is one of the reasons I bought the Ferris. Where I bought it, they seemed to have a great service department. I hope this helps.

3. bkd

bkd LawnSite Member

pay the extra bucks and get the hydro. It will make you money.