36'' Gates

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KDJ, Jan 27, 2002.

1. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

Having a John Deere 48'' w/b I wouldn't take a job with a 36'' gate. I would have to use a 21'' mower to do the job, and this will just not happen. Let me get to the point. There is a man that cuts the same area that I do and he looks for gated lots, I have talked to him, and he said that because nobody wants them he has made them a target. He uses a 10/30 rear motor Snapper. He drives into the back yard and just knots it out. He makes a art out of it. I have known and watched this man for two years.

How can this mower hold up? Is it really that good?
    Anybody have one?

2. It's called a nitch market.

3. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

niche

every house around me has a 40'' gate, nothing bigger than a 37" would be practical:(

4. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

There is money to made with small housing development yards. A 32" will fit through almost every gate. I do alot of these little yards. It takes me about 20-25 mins with a 32" most of these yards are $30 - $35. Once I can afford to replace my old scag 32" belt Im buying the 32" viking with sulky, then I will really be bustin out some yards.

5. big james

big james Banned
    from texas

Undoubtably the best non -commercial lawnmower ever made ,i have known people who have gone thru 3 and 4 engines on those things,Iusedto use one but It didn't have the power I needed:D