1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" Great Dane Vs. Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACut AboveLandscapin, Feb 29, 2004.

1. ACut AboveLandscapin

ACut AboveLandscapin LawnSite Member

I'm not sure what to do. I currently run an Exmark 1997 48" 15 Hp W/B and 2002 52" 23 Hp Lazer. The W/B is slow and I want to pick up time on all my properties. The W/B is mainly used for back yards with gates and as a second mower on large properties. It is probably used about 10% of the time. I'm going to get a new mower and not sure what to get. The 36" 17 Hp Great Dane SuperSurfer($4700) or 36" Exmark Hydro Viking 15 Hp($3800)an Exmark guy but the SS is real tempting as far as speed for small areas and in the open on larger properties will clearly beat the W/B. I'm also worried about the reliability of the Great Dane SS.
  2. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Having owned both I would say that getting the great dane would be a big mistake. Its not that great dane is such a bad mower, just dealers and parts availability are not up to par to evan call themselves commercial.
  3. energy

energy LawnSite Member

Get a Wright Stander. i have 2 36" and love them. they are rock solid and will last you forever, all the benefits you like without the worries of reliability.
  4. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

The Super Surfer is an awesome machine...

you'll love it!!