36" hydro wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kartracer2000, Apr 20, 2008.

1. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

I am looking at 36" hydro walkbehinds. What do you like and why? And, what did it cost new. Thanks

2. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I have Encore hydro's for the following reasons. One they have pumps and wheel motors Two very good warranty! Three I have used them for over 10yrs and virtually never broke down except for the engines! $3999 new for a 36"

3. kartracer2000

kartracer2000 LawnSite Member

Was also wondering if it is worth the extra money to buy say an encore or exmark vs the quick 36. I guess what i'm asking is it worth the money to get a dual hydro or just go with the single. will there be a lot more work with the single or just a little more?

4. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I've got a 36" Exmark Viking. I love the ecs controls, and the quality of cut. The kawi motor starts first pull everytime, and has descent power @ 15hp. It pulls me around on my sulky with ease. It cost me $4899 before taxes, and well worth it.

5. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

If you are going to use it alot yes it is worth it! I had a ferris single hydro and we would never use it! It was work compared to the encore!

6. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a 36" dual hydro, Toro with tru trak sulky. I have only had it about 5 weeks, so it hasn't seen a lot of work, but so far Im very pleased. Base price without the sulky and mulch kit was $53-$5400 neighborhood if I can remember.

7. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Ouch!! Get a wright stander 36". Probably costs less too.

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

If you got a Snapper dealer close look at their new dual hydro 36" it is priced under $4K in our area and has Kaw on it and adjustable deck. We run the old style Snapper units with same deck and they are nice.

9. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

It will be a little more work ... save the money and get the Quick 36 !!

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

That sounds nice, excellent deal !!