1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36 in Lesco walkbehind About to go crazy here

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rollerscgm, Sep 9, 2004.

1. rollerscgm

rollerscgm LawnSite Member
    from indiana

Ok I got this Lesco 36 in walkbehind belt drive mower.Got it in march brand new day of Lesco's sale.Used it for about 1 month and it started sounding like a half dead helicopter has a 13 hp kawasaki on it.Mechanic at lesco said ow it has a bad carb 1 week later carb comes in he puts it on still the same problem.The problem is it putters and does not kick all the way up to full speed he says thats all the power that 13 hp has I said Bullcrap.Then it jumps up to full speed he says ow I see it has govener problem the govenor isn't kicking up.So now lesco takes mower and has it for 48 days they gave me loner and they call up demanding I return there loaner I said is mine fixed they said yes I said thanks for the phone call.NOW it sounds good but when I give it full throttle he has messed with timing and it has no power.So I try to turn up the idol screw and when I do that the throttle don't work.I am sick of dealing with area lesco personel in Indianapolis and they have 1 mechanic for 3 stores and all he does is put a bandaid on it and send it out the door.I must tell that 2 other friends same problem.WHAT SHOULD I DO HELP HELP HELP
  2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

You could try clicking the Lesco button at the top of the page. Then click on the "Solution Center" and in there it says "For mechanical or equipment issues, please contact us at................"

Plead your case and see what happens. Good luck!

BTW... not cost effective but I would probably have taken it to another mower repair shop by now. After you get it fixed... maybe think about selling it.. fast.
  3. Gr grass n Hi tides

Gr grass n Hi tides LawnSite Bronze Member

With any good fortune, you might not have to sell it fast. This sounds like a Kawasaki problem, not a Lesco problem (as far as the machine is concerned). The only Lesco problem I see is a bad mechanic.......but that could be anywhere. I take my Lesco to a place that does not "sell or service" Lesco; however, the mechanic is a whiz. He has no problem whatsoever looking over my machine.

Try finding a better mechanic before you sell the machine. You might be pleasantly surprised, or at the very least you get the correct answer to the problem and then you can make a decision. Hopefully, taking it to another mechanic won't void out warranty......but at this point what could it hurt to have someone good at least take a look at it. A good mechanic will be able to tell you what the problem is.