36 inch eXmark Metro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Two Men and a Mower, Aug 20, 2003.

1. Two Men and a Mower

Two Men and a Mower LawnSite Member

Hello-

Does anyone own a 36 inch eXmark Metro and is currently using it? Just wanted some feedback on how well you like it. Also for deck height what adjustments have you made? We are running into different (thickness and what customers want) situations with our accounts. Does eveyone usually adjust the blade spacers along with the front casters or just adv the front casters only. Thanks for the help!

Mark

2. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I run a 36" Metro over a season now, love the machine truly, it is one of hardest worker I 've got. Well, for the height, you micht have to adjust as your accounts want it, but I don't need to adjust every account cause St.Augustine cut @ 4" is pretty much standard for residental, so I have not adjust my height since last October. Normally you have to adjust both casters and spindles spacer to get the blades at right pitch, which means you have to lift the deck up. I found that keep the rear axle at the highest point is much easier to play with blades and spacers.
    regards,

3. Two Men and a Mower

Two Men and a Mower LawnSite Member

MTR thanks for the reply.....

So with a 4 inch cut what do you run for spacers on your blade and casters? Example: 1 up/3 down on casters and 2/2 on blades.

Thanks again!

4. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Look at Metro 's manual page 30 "Cutting height adjustment" it tells you everything, mine is like this

axle height at E
    spacers below caster all: (4) of 1/2" and (1) of 3/16"
    blade spacers below spindle :(1) of 1/4"

Remember this is 3 positions adjustment and it give me great pitch whole blades @ 4", very nice on St. Augustine and easy when sharpening blades cause the entire blade is used, the tip of blade is duller than most part though.