36 inch mower Sulky

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pastaboy62, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I have done a search and I am getting mixed reviews. I need a sulky. I have a 36" scag w/ 15 HP belt. I have a thought about a proslide but the company said since the deck is so small it won't work. Is there any sulky out there for me. Maybe some jungle wheels?

thanks

2. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

most (professionals) are going to say you can't put one on a 36, but a one wheel velkie is about as small and light as you can get.

3. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Jungle wheels would probably work just fine. Just watch, with any 36, you can easily run th wheels in an unsuspecting flower bed.

4. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

You might want to look at the 1 wheel velke from Rackem Mfg., that looks nice !!

5. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 unistrut L's with some angle iron and holes punched big enough through the unistrut L's to fit the exmark velkie so its interchangable for 36 and 48. The 36 is a 12.5 hp (belt) and has no problem yanking me up a hill.

6. Pastaboy62

Pastaboy62 LawnSite Senior Member

How much is a one wheeled sulky?

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

take it from me-i used a one wheel velkie for years and just got the x2. huge diff -much better ride and not as tired from trying to keep bal all day. get the x2 velkie! my 32 toro pulls it fine

8. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a 36" belt drive scag with jungle wheels. No complaints very very productive machine.

Just Make sure you have good belts.

9. AustinLawnscape

AustinLawnscape LawnSite Member

I've got two walk behinds both with sulky's. One is a Jungle Jim (Toro 36 hydro) and the other a Velke brand (Scag 52 hydro). Both are 2 wheeled & work great when moving forward. The Jungle Jim is a royal pain when backing up for any reason. FYI, this includes backing it off the trailer.

The way the Velke is made it swivels around 180 degrees and backs up fine. (Obviously without me standing on it.) Backing up, the Jungle wheels get caught against the back wheels of the mower.

For everyday use, the Velke is the far superior of the two! They are the only two that I have ever used so I cannot speak from experience about other brands of sulkies.

Based on what I know, I would not buy a Jungle Jim (or any other sulky) over the Velke, unless you can back up the mower without the sulky becoming a problem.

Thus far, regarding reliability, they have been similar after three years on the Velke & one year on the Jungle Wheels.

10. junglejims

junglejims LawnSite Member

Jungle Jim’s offers a two year weld warranty on all our products. We also use the Jungle Wheels on our 36” belt drive and it does really well! Hope that helps.

Sincerely,
    Jennifer Hafendorfer
    Sales Manager