1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36 inch toro proline fixed deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Kingbman1, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Any one with experience with the 36 inch fixed deck toro, should i go a step a head with floating for $650 more?
  2. It's an Exmark Metro with a T bar and toro stickers.
    A floating 36" is no big deal.
  3. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

The floating deck on a 36" wil basically just make it a little easier to change the height of cut. I think a bigger, better step would be to move up to a Hydro unit. IMO, that is more important than the floating vs. fixed.

from AL

With the Floating you get an SFS deck with the fiXed Toro you get the eXmark deck.

Get the fiXed.
  5. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

definately the fixed...and if you are woried about changing cutting heights, get one of those jacks for the front of the deck...Ultimate, would you post the pic of that again?

from AL

Here You Go.

Great for fiXed Decks.

viking discharge.jpg
  7. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

Talk to Gravedigger5 - He has a toro 36
  8. Dave_in_NJ

Dave_in_NJ LawnSite Member

I have got the exact fixed deck with the 12.5 Kawi. I cannot comment on the value of the floating deck since I have not used it. I am just a homeowner.

Overall, I am happy. However, the machine can get bogged down in heavy grass so you might consider a more powerful engine. The downside is that you may not be able to get a Kawi.
  9. Kingbman1

Kingbman1 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the advice,
    I already have a 32 incher and im quitting the business next year to further my education, i just wanted to know what you all thought about that machine because later on i might start back up again.