36" KEES walk behind pricing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by huskertaz, Mar 12, 2002.

1. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

I am expanding business this year and looking for some pricing info for my 36" KEES walk behind. I got some apartments this year and buying a Exmark 25hp-60" Lazer. Was also looking at buying a new 36" walkbehind. What is the value of my 36" KEES? It is about 5 years old almost 6. Everything works fine and has new spindles, throttle cable, extra blades, and leaks a little oil once in a while, but has ever since I got it. I paid about $2000 when I bought it because it was cheap. See if I go that route ever again. I learned my lesson. Thanks.

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

the best cut ive ever had was a 36 kees . tough as nails also.
    what dont u like about it. just curious.

3. huskertaz

huskertaz LawnSite Member

I guess the only problems I had was with service with one of the local shops, but not the mower. The cut is better than my Scag 48". The only problems I have had was it leaking oil no matter what we did to it and spindles seemed to go out more often than others, but that is just a minor thing. So does anyone know the value of this mower? Or maybe you have sold one similar to it. Thanks for your help.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Depending on actual condition (a picture would help) your mower is worth from $350 to $750.

5. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i let mine go for five ,but it was just because i wasnt planning on using it. i knew it would go downhill if not used.
    i thought about making a brush machine out of it ,but couldnt bring myself to mess up a mower with the cut it had.