36" metro drive belt.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Bamafire1, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Bamafire1

Bamafire1 LawnSite Member

Terry,

The right drive belt on my 36" metro kept slipping off. I replaced both the left and right side belts and the right is still slipping off. Any idea what can be causing this and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks,

Bamafire1

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bama,

Does the belt come off when driving forward, driving in reverse or pulling the mower in reverse?

Terry

3. Bamafire1

Bamafire1 LawnSite Member

Terry,

Sorry, right after I posted this question, I noticed a thread with the same subject.

Anyway, it happens going forward.

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bama,

I would check for pulley misalignment however if it's happing in if forward I would check a couple of other things as well.

The top "drive" pulley that attaches to the transmission outputs should not move inward and outward. It's okay if the coupler between the transmission and the sub axle moves back and forth but the stub axle and the pulley should have very little side to side play. You should also inspect the bottom/wheel pulley to ensure that it is not bent or damaged in any way. The scraper on the lower wheel pulley should be adjusted as deeply into the pulley as possible without touching.

If you have any questions as always give me a call at 800-667-5296 or sent another post.

Thanks,

Terry