1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" Metro WB for $2848

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gmanlq, Feb 19, 2008.

1. gmanlq

gmanlq LawnSite Member

Hi folks,

Priced out a new 36" Metro WB from Exmark today. Price before tax is $2848 for the 2008 model. What do you think for the price?

Also, I'm thinking of getting the Accelerator grass catcher for it (4.1 bushels), Jungle Wheels belkie, and EZChute for it. What are your thoughts on all these items.

2. KC MOW

KC MOW LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I own an 2002 exmark 36 WB and it is great mower in my opinion. You might try and see if they will go lower on that price because I heard from a dealer that exmark is getting rid of the belt drive and in 2009 they will make the belt drive WBs into single hydro machines. This should be an interesting change that I am looking forward to see how it turns out. The grass catcher and velkie sound like a good idea but I dont even know what an EZchute is but from the name it must make something easy.
  3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $2400 + tax back in july 03 for one, so with everything being more expensive now that figure is probably in line.

I dont want to turn this into a belt drive vs hydro, buy if you can swing it go with the turf tracer hp.
  4. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

whats the turf tracer run?
  5. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

Paid 2k for one in 04. Your getting hosed.
  6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

I know someone that just got a Turf Tracer HP 36" dual hydro and paid $ 5,199 plus tax; so I don't think he's getting hosed !!

However, considering that he wants to buy an Exmark Metro HP 36" WB, I will let him know that I have a 2002 model for sale, it has a floating deck (not fixed), ECS controls, comes with an air canister (air canister needs to be installed). It doesn't have an hour meter, however, I estimate approximately 250 - 300 hours on it. It has well cared for and maintained. I'm asking $ 1,450. Am selling because I just got a new Quick 36" Samurai and don't need the Metro HP. One thing to note, I don't think Exmark is making the 36" WB's with floating decks anymore, so if you would prefer a floating deck this would be a good opportunity to get it !!

I have attached some pictures ... please PM me if you would like to discuss this further.

7. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a deal to me, I have a 2005 and its a great mower. You will be happy with it.

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I paid 3,200 for my 36" Toro. This is taxes included, so I'd say you're right one par.
  9. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

that is a good looking machine, you wont have any problems selling that thing..
  10. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

lifetree, you take good care of your equipment, looks brand new ...:waving: