36'' mini z hydros?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by GrassmasterB, Jun 11, 2006.

1. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

is there any adjustment to the new mini z's hydros? today i about drove it into a ditch. as i was traveling down a slight down grade to mow along a ditch i pulled back on the right lever and nothing happened mower kept going straight. finally as i pulled the lever all the way back it finally turned. i also now have the same problem making left turns. its also tearing up yards since the inside wheeel isnt turning backwards. the mower is only 1 1/2 weeks old and has 8.2 hours. its going back to the dealer tommorrow since this is definately a safety issue.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The hydros are adjustable.
    If there is something wrong your dealer can adjust them.

Pj

3. GrassmasterB

from Florida

the original problem was the mower unloading the inside tire on a turn. this was my first z so i just needed more seat time. but now ive got 90hrs on the mower and the left stick seems to have alot of play in it. could that just be an adjustment or is that a start to a bigger problem?

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

The linkage could be adjusted, also the dampener may be soft compared to the other side, you can switch the dampener to the other side and see if it changes.
    In your other post I asked you to e-mail me, please do so.

Pj

5. GrassmasterB

from Florida

are the dampers on the 36'' mini z the same as other mini z's? ill have it back at the dealer tommorrow but i know they dont stock a whole lot of parts for the 36/42 yet.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is part # 783696, and is the same dampener we use on all our mowers.

Pj