36" Mini?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by TXLAWNBOY, Aug 29, 2004.

1. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

I was just wondering a few things. 1) Why is it that Encore and Gravely has a 34" ZTR that is rated w/a commercial warrenty and when Hustler came out w/a ZTR that will fit through a walk gate it only has a residential warrenty? 2) Is a Commercial 36" in the plans in the near future for Hustler?

The reason I'm asking is because I am planning on buying in the spring and I like the lower profile of the 36" Fastrack over the Gravely and Encore but I need a comm. warrenty. Thanks for any info you can give.

2. TXLAWNBOY

TXLAWNBOY LawnSite Member

Pj, no reply? Just trying to get a little info for future buying options.

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

1) The Encore and Gravely have commercial drive systems in them, thus the commercial warranty.
    The Mini FasTrak has a residential drive system (IZT) and it carries a residential warranty of 2 years and a commercial warranty of 90 days.
    2) I can not comment to much on the workings of our product development team, although I know that they are working on products that are needed in our line up.

Pj

4. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

what defines if you are using it commercially? I would only be cutting maybe 2 yards a day.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

If you are cutting any lawn other than "your" residence, or for any type of income,then it is considered commercial use.

6. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Well, if you're only cutting 2 or 3 yards a day, you should be buying a "cost effective" machine like the less expensive Hustler, or actually, you should be buying a belt drive WB with a velky.
    Buying a commercial ZTR for only two lawns is just impractical and a poor business choice, IMO.
    Pete

7. theservicingdealer

theservicingdealer LawnSite Member

I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. I was an Encore dealer but no longer. The encore z has the same pumps the fastrac which is considered non commercial hydro. Encore just gives a 2 year warrenty hoping you will not have any trouble. They are counting on that you will not be using it many hours at a time. These pumps in both fastrac and the Encore Z34 were never design for full day use !!! Ask the pump manufacture!!! It not a 2 part unit!!

8. Farmer

Farmer LawnSite Member

So Hustler's commercial warranty is only 90 days,and the other two have 2 year warranties, you have to consider how long you are goign to have this mower. After 2 years, when the warranties are up on the other mowers..... wouldn't you rather have a Hustler? :)

9. theservicingdealer

May be the reason we just sell Hustlers now!!

10. theservicingdealer

As of Jan 1 hustler just announced the new warranty on fastracs-1 year commercial or 400 hours which ever comes first. 4 years for residential. Wow what a change. I am sure PJ will Post the new warranty and its new specs!!