36" Mower Bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lobell, May 30, 2008.

1. Lobell

Lobell LawnSite Member

Hi guys, I am trying to decide between the Scag Metal "Bag" and the fabric bag. Both are pictured below. Does anyone have any info on either, advantages/disadvantages. The fabric bag is about $100 more. Also, should I just go with a grass gobbler or accelerator catcher? All info/opinions is much appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Think about weight and density of the grass (wet or not) when getting this type of bagger. The metal bagger is naturally going to be heavier to begin with. If its full of grass, rather it be wet or dry, it can make for a very long, hard day. Personally, I'd go with the fabric one.

3. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

LawnTamer and I run Toro machines and have dealt with catcher issues for a while now. We've used cloth, custom-made metal, and Accelerator.

Cloth may not last forever, but it's the most forgiving when you do something stupid, and (for our mowers) you can buy just the fabric for relatively cheap in the future. And unless he's changed his mind since we last discussed it, LawnTamer felt his Accelerator was a gross waste of $$$...

4. Lobell

Lobell LawnSite Member

Thanks, ordered the mesh bag today! :)