36'' Mower Hydro or Gear Drive, which is easier to handle?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGK, Nov 8, 2006.

1. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

The title says it all guys! This is the question, of the 36 inch mowers any of you may have had which is better? the gear drive or hydro in so far as manuvarablity and ease of use? I know most of you will say hydro, but there is a difference in the price.

Yours truely
    Cheap Bastard

2. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

Lmao.

Hydro is nice, and won't slip in wet conditions. But I like my belt just fine.

3. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I run the belt drive. Like you said there is a price difference. For me I only use it on 4 lawns a week for a total of maybe 30 minutes a week. So for me it was not worth the extra money.

4. TGK

TGK LawnSite Member

Well thats the thing, I have a few more customers, and picking up new ones. I could use it on atleast 6 or 7 now. I dont want to bust my hump!

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

What are you looking to buy. brand? I have a 36" exmark metro with accelorator xl bagger that I may be willing to sell in about a month. I think I owe about $2200. on it. pistol grip. Like I said in my last post I barley use it. I haven't even had to sharpen the blades since I bought it in the spring.

6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

No comparison between hydro and belt drive, if you have the money hydro is the way to go.

Cheers
    Jeff