36" mulch kits

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by toddy204, Mar 14, 2008.

1. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone running mulch kits on 36" walkbehinds? How do they perform? Tell me about your mower and how it works in different grasses.

2. bill8379

bill8379 LawnSite Senior Member

I am. Toro 36 gear, tbar, 15 HP. It works beautifully, much better then my expectations. I'm not even sure what kind of grass we have... Manitoba grass. Think it's blue grass.

3. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

toddy - I ordered a mulch kit with my Quick 36 today - but will have to wait awhile before I can test it out up here in the frozen North.

4. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I got one for my Quick 36, turns dried leaves into dust.

5. bill8379

Anything can turn dried leaves into dust. How does it do on spring growth grass?

6. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

It can bog the unit down that is why we only use the blocked outlet and that works just fine. You simply raise the mower and double cut when needed.

7. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Mulches clovers down to nothing

8. C.T. Lawn Care

C.T. Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

i have one on my exmark TTHP and that thing will go through just about anything and not clump the grass. Yes is boggs down and anything will if you go to fast. Just be smart and go the right speed and it will work like a charm. I can cut rain soaked grass and not leave one clump... untill i put it back on the trailer and drive to the next job... then there is a mountain of grass where the mower sat on the trailer lol.

9. bill8379

Can you clarify what this means? I'm thinking you mean the very simple mulch kit, which is a plus in my oppinion. My Toro 36 mulch kit takes an hour to put on.

I was accused of bashing the Quicks without ever using one but the truth is I'm just interested in them. I will at some point have to by another mower, I'll need at least a new 21 this spring. $1500 if I get a Toro Commercial 21:cry: But I'm crying even worse after buying the recycler and the super recycler to find out they just don't last. Waste of money.

10. toddy204

toddy204 LawnSite Senior Member

Buy the Exmark 21 Metro. Best 21 on the market by far!!