36" Ransome Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by RedWolf, Sep 21, 2006.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hey Guys.My ransome model XM3609 needs some help.It is belt drive and what im looking for is the drive gear box and a blade bearing housing. My guys hit a tiedown and the housing blew apart.:dizzy: :cry: The shaft.blade bolt,and bearings are fine.:clapping:

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Is that a variable speed model? The drive gearbox for those is pricey :(

The spindle housing shouldnt be a problem.

Any Bobcat dealer should be able to get the parts for you.

4. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Hey Rob and Pugs,Can that gear box be rebuilt? I rebuilt the hydro motors and drive motors for my dixon so I think I could rebuilt the box if i had the parts. And yes it is a variable speed model. you guys know what the bit** is? I just put new tires,belts,and did a tune up to it three days ago.

5. Restrorob

Sure it can be rebuilt, They have a rebuild kit for 125.60 or the whole gear box for 199.00....depending on time to rebuild the complete unit may be better.

http://j-thomas.com/Catalog/170.htm

6. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

I would watch what you are getting there. May want to ask them if the parts are made by the company that made the trans...or if they are some aftermarket garbage.

7. Restrorob

Most everything is made overseas anymore......

8. RedWolf

RedWolf Banned

Yea I know.I have another WB but its an old hydro feris and the motor is blown thanks to my EX guys not checking the oil.Its an old castiron block Kohler. I may tear it down to see how much if any damage was done.I do know the rod let go so i will see how bad it really is.