36" Scag V-Ride Pricing???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Larson Lawn Care, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I already had a thread going and was posting on another one about the scags. I was informed that some people were purchasing or being quoted between $5,000 and $6,000 for a 36" Scag V-Ride under their fleet pricing promotion that ends at the end of February. I am being quoted $6,500 and $6,650. I am very interested in buying the mower, but I am skeptical now that I am hearing others around the country are picking them up or being quoted much less. So, if you have had a quote or purchased one, and do not mind telling me what the price was, I would appreciate it very much.

2. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

Just bought one today for 5350. It should be 20% off the list price for homeowners regular price which is around 6700/6800. Business owners pay around 6300 regular price. Hope this helps. Find another dealer or just go in and tell them what I was told today.

3. Larson Lawn Care

You bought it $5350 tax and everything included?

4. BOSCHERT LAWN CARE

BOSCHERT LAWN CARE LawnSite Member

prices on equipment will vary with different distributors and their pricing will be different around the country, also you must remember that a vride that john smith from ohio only paid $5400 OTD and calls it fleet may have been his dealer going belly up, canceling out scag mowers, has no support/service after the sale, may be a rural guy in his garage with very low overhead, has been paying interest for months and brought one in and cant sell it so he just wants it gone etc.........

also sales tax can vary big time

5. Baytownlawncare

Tax was a bit more. I think the grand total was 5800.

6. Larson Lawn Care

The only problem is that there is more than one person that has said they paid much less.

7. oldclawn

oldclawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yet another beat to death subject

8. Larson Lawn Care

oh yeah????

9. TGG2008

TGG2008 LawnSite Member

$5,757 + tax, total was $6,175 otd also grabbed a 3.3 accelerator for $329 with it.

10. Baytownlawncare

I am just wondering if you guys are paying more because of you live out of Texas. Scag is located in Georgetown (outside of Austin). Maybe freight charges are much more. I see some guys saying they are paying upto 1000 more than I did. That is a bit extreame. I would think a few hundred more than me. Someone needs to ask why the price is so much more. Shoot I want to know why even though I think I got a good deal.