36" Scag WB with 14 HP Kohler

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by GrassInPA, May 31, 2009.

1. GrassInPA

GrassInPA LawnSite Member

I have a Scag walkbehind for sale. It has the 14 HP Kohler engine on it. This mower can cut. Right now it has the mulching blades on it and I have a homemade mulching plate for it. I also have a new oil and air filter that hasn't been put on it yet. There are two small problems with it:

- The choke is sticking. I think this is mostly due to the fact that I didn't use the mower last year. I did use it twice this year for my own yard and the choke is starting to free up.

- The right tire loses air. I filled it up and maybe 3 or 4 days later it was flat again. I didn't try putting anything in it, but it looks like it might be off the rim a little.

I did rinse the mower off with some Engine Brite and was planning on using some Purple Power too, but never got around to it.

I also have a 15 HP Kohler that I got when I bought this mower. I have not used it, but it looks like all it needs is a good degreasing. It does spin freely also.

I'm looking to get around $600 for the mower and maybe $150 or so for the engine. Any questions, let me know.

Misc 001.jpg

Misc 002.jpg

Misc 008.jpg

Misc 010.jpg

Misc 005.jpg

2. GrassInPA

The engine has been sold, I still have the mower. Anyone interested?

3. gladiatorlawncare

gladiatorlawncare LawnSite Member

Gee, I can't imagine why it would have any problems!:)

4. cphillips0053

cphillips0053 LawnSite Member

Looks like that thing was rode hard and put up wet!

5. GrassInPA

Look guys,

I know it doesn't look the best, but the mower cuts great. I tried to be honest and post what was wrong with it.

6. cphillips0053

cphillips0053 LawnSite Member

No harm intended. Good luck with the sale.

7. scaglawnsnj

scaglawnsnj LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Will you take 300- for the mower?
    I could drive all that way and buy, thanks

8. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

Where are you in Pittsburgh?

9. GrassInPA

Chevy,

I'm actually up near IUP, about 20 minutes south of it. I didn't see your post early, sorry.

It is still for sale. I also have the new oil and air filter for it too. Let me know if anyone is interested.

10. GrassInPA

I'll take 500 for it. Anybody interested?