36" sentar sport vs. 36" stander w/ rapid height

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Oct 16, 2005.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Since one is based on the other, I'd assume they have similar attributes. I'd like to hear from those in the know about Wright products. What are the pros/cons of the two types compared to each other? Since I always prefer to sit rather than stand I'd lean towards the Sentar version unless there's something I haven't considered. I don't do many big hills but it's never bad to be able to in a pinch.

I'd be using it on flat to rolling small and medium Bermudagrass lawns, and a few gated Fescue back lawns. I'd be mulching. Any reason to go with the stander version instead of the Sentar? They've even very close in price. The wb/sulky thing makes my back tighten up from leaning forward. They're fine on small patches, but day in, day out, I'd rather save as much energy and fatigue as possible. I keep wanting to buy a Stander and this small Sentar is the first design that seems to have what I need.

2. EXspyguy

EXspyguy LawnSite Member

If the price is that close I'd go with the sentar. Are you looking at the 36 or 52? They are coming out with 48" for 06.

3. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

36" most likely. What I hear about the wider decks on that frame is that it'd be too much scalping. I'll need it to mow Bermuda at low heights and need anti-scalp wheels on the sides.

4. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

Well I got my 36" sport on june 8th and have put 185 hrs on it. Its a great little machine. I had the 52" but it did scalp to much for the lawns I am cutting. I like the option of sitting. The only problems I have had are a loose ground wire on the starter and so when would lower the deck and engage the pto it would cut out. And most recently I had one of the main support pins that hold the deck inplace crack and I welded that because my dealer didn't have the part in stock. The 17 HP is got good power but in heavy wet grass it will clog if its to long. Has anyone seen the Rapid height standers yet? Oh by the way there are no anti calp wheels on my sport.

5. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

i saw them at expo in the kawasaki booth check out the pics in the expo 2005 thread:waving:

6. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

It looks like its almost the same machine. But the stander has a taller set of controls and no seat. Which is what I rather have.

7. nitrotim

nitrotim LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

You are right it does look like the same machine. Why wouldn't they try to fit the larger back tires like the stander. That would probably help with the scalping problem.