36" skag questions (good price?)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, Feb 10, 2002.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I have a chance to pick up a 36" skag 14hp kaw. It is a 2000 model but was purchased new in 2001. Guy used it for one season on his personal lawn. has less then 20 hours on it. mower includes, mulch kit, set of gator blades and jungle wheels. Can have it for 1500. Is this a good price? (by the way it is a belt drive). Also will the 14hp have enough power to pull my pro-slide?

Thanks

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a good deal to me.
    (especially if used non -commercially) The mower new costs about 2500 and the jungle wheels are another 250(?) bucks. 14hp is more then enough to pull you around on the velke! I do not specifically like scags in general but I have always really liked there beltdrive walkebhinds!

3. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

evan,

do proslide require more power to pull them? I heard that somewhere but do not know how valid it is?

4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Hi mac this is Mark, did you see that in the want-ads or is Scotty's selling it? That is a verygood price and very low hrs, you won't need a pro-slide with the jungle wheels. I just pruchased a new 52" SWZU Hydro two weeks ago, Im already cutting several of my commercials, Went by you subdivision yesterday which street are you on? Well ill talk to you later, Id think seriously about purchasing the Scag thats a very very good price. Plus you could get scotty's to do your maintance if problems for some reason due occur. Marks Mowing Service

5. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

hey mark,

Problem is I already have a proslide. Remember I am the one who wants those unbelievable stripes. Ordered the proslide before I got the mower. One thing I do like about the new gravelys is even though it is a fixed deck it is very easy to adjust the height. Do you know how hard it is to adjust heights on the skag wb? I live on the back side of quail crossing. You can't get to my house from the main entrance to quail (which I love.) when you are heading north on 261 turn left on center road (500w). Stay on center until you see the back entrance to quail. Turn right on morning dove lane, pop over the top of the hill and I am the first house on the left. Very green grass for February:)

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

mac try the proslide then try the wheels then sell the one you don't want, oh buy the way my Wifes cousin Craig Wood developed and ownes that golf course his Wife Mamie is the golf pro out there. Ill try and find your place next time im up that way if ive got the time. Marks Mowing Service

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Very good deal, jump on it.

8. landman

landman LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Good deal on the Scag, I hope you have steel chin's though, those power slides are a killer.

9. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

Craig is a super nice guy. Mami?? Well my mother always said, "if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all." Therefore I won't:)