36" Snapper Pro

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about buying a new 36" Snapper Pro. I have used Ferris for the past 4 years now and I have been told that they are almost the same mower. I am considering the dual drive so I can have a sulky behind it. What is your experience with this mower? Good buy? Bad buy?

2. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

Great buy! For the features and size its probably the best/best priced hydro walk out on the market.

3. WREBELMACHINE

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not know what kind of price are they going for? Around here Encore dominates and they use a pump wheel motor drive instead of the IZT drive the snapper uses.

4. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Ferris comfort control in the 52 and the 36, the 36 is the same as the snapper sw20 36, except it has a 15hp enigne and electric start and the snapper is 13hp with pull start. Its a great mower, and the snapper is only 3999 msrp, and I've seen them go for as low as 3299 when they have dealer rebates. Also the deck adjusts with hand cranks. Im actually thinking of getting the new SW30 61" the 20hp is 5199.

5. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

They are good mowers. I have had mine since early last spring and haven't had many major problems. I love having it hydro drive, it helps so much. I also love the adjustable deck, I adjust it all the time.

6. Larson Lawn Care

How are the hand grips. I think the ones I saw were metal? No grip... it might not have been fully assembled though. Does it stripe good, does it manuever like a Ferris?

7. Larson Lawn Care

... and can an electric start be installed?

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

The snapper pro 36" seems to be a good little unit. We have one year on ours and like it a lot.. I certainly like having a good brake and those adjustable decks are nice. We have used those on older snappers and they are nice. There doesn't seem to be any need for electric start in fact I think that is worse. My only concern is that it isn't no scag but seems kinda solid. Don't know about those integrated hydro units...time will tell. The price is right on these units and not many floating decks on hydro units any more.

9. Larson Lawn Care

thanks for the info. I've had a 36" John Deere since 2003, and never really liked it. It's a belt drive and it is tough to operate. I only have about 10 accounts right now that I need a 36" mower for (small gates), so I think I will be buying the snapper pro and in the future it will get more use.

10. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Im think im going to get one too. Does any one have pics, of the rear mainly? Im curious as to sulky mounting capabilities. Can they push a sulky in reverse?