36" stander intensity

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Larson Lawn Care, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Larson Lawn Care

Larson Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone own a 36" stander intensity? I have a 61" stander x and it is great. I test drove a 36" stander i for about 5 minutes on a parking lot and a small dry hill. I know it is a new mower, but has anyone had experience with it? I am buying one soon but can't find any reviews? I am replacing my 36" snapper pro because I need to get done faster. I need to know how it compares to the stander x in wet conditions and on hills.

2. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

It's pretty much a stander rapid height with the newer areocore deck.

3. Larson Lawn Care

I'm not familiar with the RH
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

I was all "up in the know" when the wright standers were first out…

Now I can't tell one model from another….

X, I, blah blah blah…. They don't seem different to me, I know the ZK is a big beefy beast that goes fast.

The rest of them…fixed deck, floating deck…. whats with all the letters and models?

Why did they stop calling the sentar a sentar and start calling it sport? (which used to be the base model 32-36…..

Their models confuse me now… I wouldn't know that the heck to buy….

5. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

You probably wont find any reviews of it since they really didnt start getting to dealers or anything till now. I saw a pre production unit last fall. Not a 36 but it was a 52 I believe.

Its basically going to replace the RH machines. It shares some things with the RH and some with the X model and some new features all its own. This will be the first year of them out cutting grass. Honestly I like to stay way from new things until they get sorted out.

Couple of the big differences from the RH machines is the Intensity is now a floating deck. Also the battery box is not between your feet anymore. There is a new spring platform to stand on that uses rubber isolator things very much like what Bobcat has under its seats and foot platform on the Procats. I do not believe any of the 36" decks are called Aerocore. Thats only the 48"+ decks.

6. Larson Lawn Care

I believe they do have the aero core decks. I just read a magazine that there is a short block engine option. From what I understand, it is supposed to help extend the life of the mower. I guess it makes it easier to rebuild the engine if it goes bad. I don't know if it is worth it for about $900-1300 more.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Larson Lawn Care

Never mind, I thought that you could upgrade to the short block engine, but I learned that it is a kit to make engine rebuilding easier when the engine goes bad.

8. Larson Lawn Care

Anyone else plan on buying one?

9. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

Are they a floating deck? I see the models with the aerocore are but if the 36 doesn't come with that deck is it a floating deck or just like the RH adjustable fixed deck?

10. Larson Lawn Care

It's a floating deck. From what I understand, it's just a smaller version of the stander x.
    Posted via Mobile Device