36" Stander - Who has one?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkirby, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

I looked at a 36 Stander today. Looks real nice but how good does it mulch in thick grass and how much of a pain is the gobbler (shiping weight 60 lbs) seems heavy?
    I have a 54 inch JD Quick track which is awesome but I need something smaller for some tight spots.
    Thanks Mike

2. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

We have one and no problems great cut. As for tall grass mow over it some more makes it dissappear.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one and it has the worst mulch kit I have used

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have the Sentar Sport 36" and like it...best mower we have ever bought. Don't know if it will last(not many grease certs) but with the electric start and the rapid height adj this unit is a real efficiency unit, compared to WB.

5. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

my dealer was raving about them last time i was there, he said he has had landscapers double there number of acounts. because they saved so much time with them. Almost sold my dad one. lol

6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

i have no knowledge about that machine, but if a dealer gave me that sales pitch i would definitely think he was bullshi*** me.. lol

7. mkirby

mkirby LawnSite Member

Can you please expand. I need to mulch and we get some pretty heavy growth here!

8. grillonz

grillonz LawnSite Member

I have a 36" stander and as for mulching I have no complaints at all. As for the gobbler I thought that I may need one for the growing season but have found the need was not there. For thick grass you may need to double cut but its still quicker than bagging

Happy mowing
    James

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I have several problems with the mulch kit. I sounds like the deck is choking in the heavier grass which isnt even growing yet. The blowout is terrible it comes out all sides, trying to cut around a swimming pool and the blowout on the left side goes right into the pool. leaves are a joke it doesnt do anything other than scatter them a little. I have emailed Wright 3 times about this and never got a response

10. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

i was also looking at the standers and sentars but one of our two dealers sent theirs back too wright a week or two ago. so i went to the other dealer today and they said they are also going to send theirs back due to lack of sales. they said the standers have alot of problems with the hydros and theyre difficult to work on. oh well i guess im back to looking at ztr's