36 surfer? Exp. users help?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LP, Mar 30, 2002.

1. LP

LP LawnSite Member

I checked the search and was not satisfied with enough imfo. to make a decision on whether or not to purchase one? I have tested one on the lot and it seems to fit all of my present needs for a small mower, but i would like to get some advice from some guys who have been using them on a regular basis, dependability, down-time, manufacturing problems, maint., so-on and so-on!
    Thanks for your help!
  2. LP

LP LawnSite Member

3. LP

LP LawnSite Member

Forgive me guys, but im trying to keep this thread alive until I get some responces because I must make a decision by monday morning.
  4. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I demoed 1 last year and really liked it -it maneuvers excellent and has great speed. I dont know about the maint though- I have a super surfer and it is easy to maintain so I think the 36 should be about the same. The only reason I went with a w/b is the surfer did not climb curbs well at all but if you have few curbs it may be a good option-also the short wheelbase made it seem somewhat unstable on hills. A walkbehind will always be more versatile but if your game is speed and flat ground go for it.
  5. Guardian

Guardian LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

I have had a blast demo-ing a 36 Wright Stander. Its so fast and easy to manuever. It packs ups tightly wherever you need it on the trailer. Hops over curbs well....Lots of fun running one of these.