1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36 to 48

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by rfed32, May 1, 2007.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

ok so i have a 36'' wb couple years old but its gotten to the point where i could really use a 48'' wb or ztr should i trade the 36 in or should i keep it for the years to come....note i do not owe anything on the 36 paid for in cash...what do u guys think
  2. M&SLawnCare

M&SLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Keep it for gated yards and really small lots. Thats what i plan to do with mine once i go bigger.
  3. EngineeredLawns

EngineeredLawns LawnSite Member

Keep the 36" as said before for gates. I have a 48" Z and I am looking a getting a 36" WBH for back yards with gates and some smaller lots where Z is to big. These are small lots.
  4. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

keep it im kicking myself now for not keeping mine.

I had chance to bid on a lighting clients lawn. They wanted me and would pay my price but I couldnt get my 48 in thier gate. 21" would take over an hour.
  5. Bolo9092

Bolo9092 LawnSite Member

keep it.I have a nice 44" Toro ZTR with the SFS deck and can't get it in any backyards I cut.I usually push mow the back yard with my 21" Toro mower.I found a 36" Exmark locally and I am picking it up on Friday.The only killer for me is that it has pistol grip controls so it might be back up for sale
  6. stroker51

stroker51 LawnSite Senior Member

Definately keep it. I use mine all the time for gated back yards or small front yards. 21" mowers are almost obsolete to me, except for a few that I do where if I mow them with my 36 it takes me longer to blow everything off than it does to mow them with the 21. You won't regret having both of them, I use my 48 on a lot of front yards and the 36 on the backs. There are days I have 4 mowers on the trailer, and the 36 is almost always one of them.
  7. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

yeah well its going to be kept...i jsut got a job where i am going to need a 60'' z and also run the 36'' so thanks for the thoughts guys....
  8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Keep Keep Keep it!!! Man you dont wanna be pushing a 21 on gated yards!
  9. Pro-Scapes

Pro-Scapes LawnSite Platinum Member

your buying a 60 for 1 job ? must be a huge paying gig.
  10. SoloSulkySurfer

SoloSulkySurfer LawnSite Member

I know how some of you guys feel about Sutech Stealth 33" mowers, but I'll take it over a 21" mower anyday. Infact the last time I used a 21" was on vacation to cut my aunts lawn in Virginia.