1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" Toro Mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joefromstockton, Feb 23, 2007.

1. joefromstockton

joefromstockton LawnSite Member

How much is this 36" mower worth, all the info I have on it is: It's about 6 years old and it runs good and it has a flat tire, is it worth $500? I have a couple of pics, I hope you can tell me a few things about this toro from the pics, thanks

2. joefromstockton

2nd pic of the toro 36" mower

3. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

it's also not a 36" it's a 48".
  5. marckxman

marckxman LawnSite Member

Good eyes. Yup a 48
  6. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

$500 dollars for a mower like that in good working order sounds like a very good price. If you can check the mower out, check out the front casters and see how much play they have in them. You could do the same for the spindles.

A few years back I spent $300 for a 11 year old 36" mower that needed a new engine. So I think $500 sound good for one that runs well.
  7. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

New that model would cost over $3000 today so depending on condition, hours and so on I think this would be a very good deal. Just make sure to check things out on it, see if he will air the tire up and let you run it around the yard a little while to make sure everything is working ok.
  8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

Another thing is that is cant be 6 years old because ECS controls weren't around 6 years ago.
  9. thesargent

thesargent LawnSite Senior Member

i say, if it runs good, buy it right now. 500 hundred would be a steal.
  10. joefromstockton

thanks for the replies guys,, How do you know its a 48" he says its a 36" and do you think this mower could easily sale for $1000 if cleaned up and has bagging system and mulching equipped?