36" Toro ProLine - Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jstonemo, Mar 10, 2008.

1. jstonemo

jstonemo LawnSite Member

I found a 36" Toro Proline walk behind with a 12.5 hp Kawasaki motor for $200. It is a belt drive with T-bar controls. I went to look at it, and it is in decent shape. Hasn't been started for 2-3 years and was sitting in the garage. The motor spins and the oil doesn't look horrible. The belts are in good shape but I would replace them anyway. The deck has no rust through or major damage. The owner says it is about 10-12 years old and it has no hour meter, so I have no idea of the internal condition of the motor. The gear box was replaced 5-6 years ago.

Is this worth the cost and effort to get it running again?

2. I MOW ALONE

I MOW ALONE LawnSite Bronze Member

sure why not

3. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd pay $200.00 for it, if I needed it.

4. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

Yea I would get it. You can buy the belts, blades, oil, spark plugs(s) things like that yourself and replace them to save on labor costs from the dealer. Then take it to the dealer for the "spring tuneup" to get it to start and running again. Get some red paint and touch it up, auto paint works good from an auto parts store. It matches the color much closer. Just let them know what you have replaced and what is new so that you dont have to eat the cost again. Any way you can get some pics of it on here?