36" Toro WB

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yrdandgardenhandyman, May 12, 2005.

1. yrdandgardenhandyman

yrdandgardenhandyman LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I have a chance to buy a 36" Toro WB. Belt drive, fixed deck, T-Bar. It's a hold over from 2004. This dealer brought it in last year as a test of the market. He didn't sell it so he discounted it to $1863.00. I demoed it today and it is awesome on wet grass and I thought it handled very well. My only hesitation is, why didn't it sell? He said that most of his biz is HO and their reasoning was why pay $2400.00 to walk when for $3000.00 they can ride. I have confirmed this attitude with a couple of other local dealers. None offer WBs on the floor for this reason.
    What does anybody know about this unit?

2. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We've got 2 to of them we use on our commercial properties. Great basic machines and the price your being offered is very nice too. Good Luck :cool:

3. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

Great mower, mine is 6 years old and still the best all around machine I have ever used. I like to call it my "bushhog". It hardly ever clumps, and discharges really far.

I will replace it with the same machine when the time comes.

That is a great price.

Derek

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought a brand new Toro Proline 36" belt drive w/ 13 HP Kawi V-Twin engine, a few months ago and I love it already! It has a great quality of cut and stripe!!! I also have a Grass Gobbler catcher for it and it bags and discharges very well! For that price, it's a great deal for you! Get it and I'm sure you'll love it!

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

A $3000 riding mower would not seem to be the quality level that you are talking about with this unit. I would bet that a Scag 36" rider will cost around $5000. These units sell in our area, but people are looking for the floating decks.

6. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

I'm looking for a small mower. Where is this mower located. If its within a days drive of me I would be glad to buy it at that price, if you don't.

7. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Well, as I said, most of his market is HO wanting commercial equipment and not wanting to pay for it. In other words if Cub Cadet makes a commercial mower then all Cub Cadets must be commercial mowers, right? They are turning away a great walk behind for a good rider and paying an extra $500.00 to $1000.00. payup

8. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Ummmmmmmmmmmm. No habla English.
    It's in............................. New Orleans. :angel:

9. oldturf

oldturf LawnSite Member

Wellllllllllllllllllllllll. I think maybe it might be a little closer, huh?

10. yrdandgardenhandyman

from midwest

Actually it's in my shop right now. :waving:

You there Roger V?