36 tthp deck rake.

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by dishboy, Apr 14, 2004.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I just got a new tthp 36 and was reading the manual which says to measure from center of link eye to center of pin hole and set at 17.5.cm. for deck rake. Mine was 1 cm out of spec. Is deck rake set at factory or supposed to be checked and set by the shop at point of sale? It appears that rear tire pressure would change rake also, which was also way out of specs. My question is after I set these things as per manual, where and how do I measure to check that my rake is in fact correct.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Dishboy,

Thanks for the post. The pin length measurement is taken from the center of the ball joint to the top hole. This measurement is used as a "starting point" if you are replacing a pin, ball joint etc.

You should always measure the rake at the blade tips. Simply rotate the blades nose to tail and measure from the blade tip to the ground. Rotate the blade and measure again. The front swing of the blade should be 1/8" - 1/4" closer to the ground than the back swing.

To adjust you simply loosen the jam nut on the ball joint/pin assembly and raise or lower the deck as needed.

Thanks,

Terry

3. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Terry,
    I set everything at the manual specs and I get 1/8 of a inch rake. The machine is cutting real pretty. I sure like it when things work as intended. Thanks for your prompt help.

Tom

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Tom,

Great! As a general rule if it's not cutting correctly it can be fixed. The only question is what all must be done to get everthing back to where it should be.

Thanks,

Terry