1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" Turf Tracer Cut Problems

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by indyrs2, Apr 26, 2008.

1. indyrs2

indyrs2 LawnSite Member

I have started out the season and the cut was great but this week it has started to leave a little line in the middle of the cut. It is doing it on all kind of grass lengths? Any body have things i can do to try and fix this.
  2. indyrs2

indyrs2 LawnSite Member

Bump it left a strip of uncut grass can anyone help.
  3. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Check your deck pitch and put on new blades and see it that fixes your problem.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Did you mount different blades than you were using last season? You don't say, but imply that this is a new problem, one not previously experienced.

I have an Exmark 36" Viking. Running standard high-lift notched airfoil blades, it cuts smooth. Running extra high-lift, heavy duty (0.25") blades, it leaves a line down the middle. Also, running low-lift Gator blades, it will leave a small line. High-lift Gator blades are fine -- no line.

Different blades must create different air flow patterns under the deck. In some cases, the flow gets disturbed too much from the intended design, that small strip of grass is left behind. That is my simple assessment on the matter.