1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" viking

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bama1, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Bama1

Bama1 LawnSite Member

I am having a problem with the PTO. When I turn it off, the blades want to keep running ( like it is not shut off completly) any ideas on what might be causing this or how to solve it?:confused:
  2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Bama1, I have the toro version of your viking. Is this electric pto or is it manual pull lever and blades start to work.
    I have manual and your belt is either wrong size (if you just changed them) or take off the hood of the mower and adjust your tension on the pull lever. fairly simple operation but check your owners manual for exact sequence to procedure.
    If it is electric, Did you cross some wires recently? Did you break a wire or short a wire? If none of those are true your pto switch is probably the culprit. change it and you should be keen. If that did not work then I am affraid it is the electric pto itself which is around 175 bucks. or so. good luck.