36" WALK BEHIND

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jcanada, Mar 30, 2000.

1. jcanada

jcanada Guest

I AM LOOKING TO BUY A 36" WALK BEHIND LAWN MOWER. IT WILL MOSTLY BE USED ON MY OWN LAWN, BUT I WILL ALSO BE USING IT ON A COUPLE OTHER LAWNS. I WANT SOMETHING THAT IS DURABLE AND UNDER $2,000. ANY SUGGESTIONS? THANK YOU.

2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

i bought i gravely 36 5 years ago with a 12.5 kawasaki. i paid 1896.00 for it. in 5 years i have had not one think break on it. not even a belt! great mower. i think since then they have increse the price 100 bucks!

3. TPC

TPC LawnSite Member
    from florida

like EVAN I to have a gravely 36 but with a 15hp kohler command on it..had it for 3 <br>abusive years and havent had a thing break including belts,,,its great<p>Tim,<br>Clean Cut Lawn Care

4. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have a JD gs 25. 12 1/2 Kaw. Replaced a belt in 5 years. No other probs. It cuts great!

5. snake1040

snake1040 LawnSite Member
    from fl

I have a gravely 36&quot; I bought used it is a tough mower but would not recomend it if you wanted a nice cut though and it clumps up terrible when the ground is wet. You can purchase one around here for around 1500 dollars. I would spend 2500 dollars and get the toro floating deck it is a better machine.<p>--------------------<p>Exquisite Lawn Services<br>Fl

6. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

jcanada, go to the &quot;search&quot; function above, in the line where you found registration. In the search box type in 36, to find topics in the past relating to your question. There are often dozens of comments about any given subject. (In this case 8 discussions with 54 comments) Often your question was already asked and answered. After reading all these, post any detailed questions you have.<p>Also note that the default display is for messages 10 days old or less (toward upper right on main forum page). There are literally hundreds of threads that are not appearing onscreen.<br><p>----------<br>Jim<br>North central Indiana

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

snake, thats weird you gravely dosnt vut good for you! mine cuts great and never clumps...... my z master stil has a better cut

8. jcanada

jcanada Guest

WHAT ABOUT THE JOHN DEERE GS 30 OR GS 45? THEY ARE BOTH A LITTLE OVER $2,000, BUT DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY COMMENTS ABOUT THEM? THANK YOU.

9. AB Lawn Care

AB Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I bought a 36'' scag 14hp dual hydro.Next to my Walker its the best thing I have bought.We can go in alot of gates that we use to have to use the 21''mower.We can cut hills with ease.And to top it all off we use it in the winter to do snow reomval.We use the 44'' blade.It has awsome pushing power!!!!!!!.I highly suggest buying a scag it has been great.We where going to buy an exmark but the intrest rate on its lease was nuts!!!!!Its will all depend on your dealer.We also have a 44'' sweeper on it this spring.All I can say is WOW!We go over the lawn with the sweeper and then go over the lawn with our walker to suck up all the stuff that the sweeper swept up.It takes us no more than 1/3 longer than it takes to usually cut the property.So as you can see our scag pays for its self!<p>P.S. whatever mower you buy make shure that it is dual hydro they are worth every penny in the long run!<p>from:Adam<p>AB Lawn Care

10. sue

sue LawnSite Member

jcanada,<br> i just ordered another 36&quot; bobcat walk behind. they are a little over $2000, but they are great mowers. and we have never had any problems with our others.