36 walkbehind suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hossmp, May 2, 2006.

1. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

Hello everyone. I am looking for suggestions on a 36 walkbehind. I am looking for something that not going to break the bank. It can definatly be belt driven. I looked at the Quick 36 information and I am looking for other alternatives. This machine will get 2-3 hours per week on average that si why I am not going with a new Scag hydro 36 or something similar. Any suggestions would be great. I have just about all the dealers in my area.
  2. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 36" gravely wb with pro-steer. Love it well built and did not break the bank.
  3. Signature Landscaping1

Signature Landscaping1 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

4. lazer9284

lazer9284 LawnSite Member
    from florida

Exmark 36 with ecs handles.
    It was my first mower and no problems at all
  5. hossmp

hossmp LawnSite Member

thanks for the responses. I was under the impression that the Exmark walkbehinds were fairly expensive is this correct? I am a big fan of Scag machines, I have been quoted for a 36 belt drive left over a price of 2850. Is the Exmark competitive with this or is it much less? I was wondering if there are any 36 inch belt driven walkbehinds out there that are around 2000-2400. If they are over say 2500 I would just go with another Scag since they have served me well. Anyone know if Toro is in that same price range? thanks again for the assistance.
  6. METRO 36

METRO 36 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a brand new exmark metro 36 2100.00 out the door last fall, (actually 2000.00 but i bought some other equipment at the same time) ecs controls, i havent had any problems out of it.
  7. blakeg314

blakeg314 LawnSite Member

better quick 36 for under $2000 hydro!
  8. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

The Red Hawk mowers are very decent for the money. There are a lot of them being sold around my area by several large dealers.

You can get a 36" 15 Hp for less than $2000!