1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

36" wb Toro or Exmark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Major Tom, Mar 22, 2000.

1. Major Tom

Major Tom Guest

I dont know wich is better.I talked to a local dealer who told me toro manufactures exmark....is this true. Secand of all wich one is better.Both machines cost 2,299+tax.What one is the best.Thank you for your time.
  2. lbmd1

lbmd1 LawnSite Senior Member

Tom,<br> Toro doesn't manufacture exmark product, from my understanding, they bought exmark and actually use some of their technology for their rider line. As far as which one to buy, it all depends on what features one has that you like. Pistol grips or T-Bar design. Deck design features, do they both have the same engine? If you've never used the t-bar design, you might love it. Try both of them at the dealer's property. As far as longevity, I can't speak for exmark but I know that toro's hold up for quite a long time. As far as size, is there a reason for the 36&quot;? <p>Mike
  3. Dingo

Dingo LawnSite Member
    from TN

that price for the exmark 36&quot; is a little high i can get it for 1800 new. But that sounds about right for the toro. for that price i would go with the toro <br>Dingo