36 Wright Sentar Sport = Ruts?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Thistle, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Thistle

Thistle LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I live in a pretty wet part of Oregon. Do you guys that run Wright mowers think I will create worse ruts with one of these compared to a 36" Exmark Turf Tracer?
    I see that the Sentar has larger tires all the way around but Im not sure how much difference it will make. Thanks

2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Wet grass = ruts no matter what you use. Heck, I make ruts in wet grass using my 21 incher and my lightest ballet shoes.

If you are worried about the outcome, I would suggest using both at test areas first. Just my .02

3. Thistle

Thistle LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

Ive been using a 48 Turf Tracer and a commercial Honda 21 incher for the last 3 years so Im pretty familiar with rutting and the methods to help reduce them. I think you can get a machine that is just too heavy but its not obvious at first.
    The Wright mowers have quite a bit more tire under them but are also a lot heavier especially with a persons weight added to it. Just hoping for some insight from a Wright user.
    I decided to swich to the 36" machines because the 48 TT bags so poorly in really wet conditions. A two bladed mower should do better. How does the Wright do for bagging wet grass.
    Also I did already demo a Navigator and it bagged well but didnt work on hills well.