36" Wright Sentar Sport

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Smokin' Joe, May 4, 2005.

1. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe LawnSite Member

Hi everyone, I'm just starting the business and need your opinion on deck sizes. Is a 36" deck on a Wright Sentar Sport useful enough to justify the cost? I can get a 36" Sentar Sport 17 HP Kawasaki for $4995 or a 52" Sentar Sport 19 HP Kawasaki for $5500 both are new. The 52" is obviously a better deal but it seems that most gates are 3 and 4 feet wide in residential yards. I don't want to use a 21" self-propelled any more than necessary. I don't want to buy the 52" Sentar and also have to spend another $2500-$3000 on a walk behind because the 52" won't fit through the gate. I have noticed on this site that a 36" rider seems rare. I don't want to buy used equipment and have chosen the Wright Sentar Sport because it was the easiest to operate for me compared to a traditional ZTR. Any opinion or useful info would be appreciated.

2. LightningLawns

LightningLawns LawnSite Senior Member

I'd go with a 36 to start with and then get the 52 later

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

We have a lot of unusually small gates around here so i got a 32'' to start with. As my business grew i upgraded to a 44'' Toro ZTR and now i can cut the big areas fast and get in gates without any problems the setup works great for me. But i recomend going with the 36'' for now and be able to get most areas covered and do as little trim work as possible with the 21''.

4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

If you are going to buy a 52" sentar. Get the full size, not the sport. The 52" sport is a joke. 52" is two wide for the frame. The 36" sport is freaking awesome. The frame is just the right size for the 36" deck. Plus its super fast.

5. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe LawnSite Member

Thanks guys,everyone says to get the 36", even the dealer said it would be all I needed because of its speed. Anyone who has not tried the Wright mowers should ride one. The steering is what sold me on this machine, it is so much easier to get the hang of than other ZTRs.

6. LawnScapers of Dayton

LawnScapers of Dayton LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Dayton, OH

My opinion is that you ought to go with a larger engine than a 19hp on a 52" deck.....

Also I would start with the 36" and grow from there.

Listen to Itsgottabegreen about Wright products........he knows his stuff and has been a big help to me.....

Derek

7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Man you know how to make a guy feel good when he is having a bad day. I am one step away from hitting one customer in the head with a shovel today.

8. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

What's the *overall width* of the 36 Sentar?

I wish Wright would list specifications and dimensions on their site.

9. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

How Comfortable is the Standing Operation on the 36" Sentar Compared to the 36" Stander ?

First thing I would Do is Rip the Seat Out...No Need to sit on Props Where a 36" Deck is Used....Would this Basically be a Stander w/Floating Deck ?

10. A+ Lawncare

A+ Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

it depends on your potential customers do at least 40% of them have gates?

if there was 60% or more w/o gates i'de deff. get the 52'' deck