36 wright stander or quick 36?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by RhettMan, Jun 25, 2008.

1. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I have narrowed the list down to two mowers, both with very good reputations, The things i am concered about most are RUTTING, user fatigue, and reliability. Of sourse a good san augustine cut. Both will pay for themselves time and time again i hope, so cost isnt as much a factor as the others listed.

Which mower guys?

2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

rhett....can speak for the Quick 36 - I have the Ninja model with the 15HP Kaw. Plenty of HP, won't slow up even in 6" grass.

You will not have rutting problems with this machine, its lighter than most. With the single hydro, you will have to learn to throw your weight a little to turn (180's for example), but I don't really get any more fatigued than using a 21" self prop, probably less so with less walking due to a larger cut.

Can't speak for cutting your type of grass down there. Cut KBG and fescue like the dickens up here when we were getting all that flooding rainfall a few weeks back.

3. rogerwb

rogerwb LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

I have a 48" Stander and a 32" Quickie. The Stander is nice but it's almost twice as much $$. The Quick is easy on the turf. The Stander can tear up the grass if your not careful. I like them both. I use the Quickie where my stander won't fit. Both are good commercial machines.

4. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Hands down a QUICK is your machine.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Wright Stander hands down.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I see a couple of Quicks in Buckeye's list but don't see a Stander in yours, Blade.

How do you base your recommendation?

7. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I've used Wright Stander's before I started my own biz working for a local lawn company. I've never used a Quick before, but just from looking at the controls and build of the machine...I wouldn't even put it in the same class as the Wright....hence the price tag..It's true you get what you pay for. Also that 36
    " Stander will fit anywhere that Quick will fit.

I'm not saying that the Quick is for sure a bad machine...but I wouldn't compare a Quick 36 to lets say a WB Scag, or an Exmark. Now a Wright Stander...that's a mower that I would put up against any WB.

Not a Dis on Quick36 by any means...or saying that a Quick won't serve you just fine, just compare it to something else.

8. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

I will add this.........

You can more than compare a QUICK to exmark and scag or whoever ...

Price , Cut Quality and durability ....QUICK's more than hold their own.

Ask several others on here who use them daily on res. and comm. properties..

9. RhettMan

RhettMan LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

is it worth the money to get an electric start on the wrights?

10. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

If you have the cash and hills are no issue I would say wright. Yes electric start is more convenient so I would get it.