36 Wright Stander

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by F3Nelson, Apr 30, 2008.

1. F3Nelson

F3Nelson LawnSite Member

I need a 36 to get into some yards with gates, I am sort of tired of walking, I was wondering has anyone used a 36 Stander?

Like/dislike

I need the good bad and the ugly, I might use it for ALL my mowing till I can get a 48.

Thanks in advance

2. Quigs101

Quigs101 LawnSite Member

We have 15 wright standers ranging in size from 61, to 36. The 36 inch mowers are nice because of how fast they are compared to walkbehinds. The draw back of our older model standers are the smaller tires which tend to tear up the grass when turning. If you are careful and pay attention as you turn you shouldn't have a problem. I have also heard that they have increased the back tires to fix this problem, but i havent looked into them in a year or so because we do so few small backyards. Hope that helps.

Matt

3. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

We have the Sentar with RH and 17hp Kaw. It is 36" and a good unit. They have got the major bugs out still need greasable spindles but bearing can be replaced. The nice thing about this unit is that it can be fast ...we mow some situation where we normally have a 48". The new wider tires seem to limit the tracking but there is some just like with a ztr unit...maybe a little less. Ours has seat also and that is nice for some guys that run it.