36 wright velke mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clay duncan, Feb 19, 2004.

1. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

i went to buy a 36 exmark metro belt drive with velke today ($2500. plus tax) and i ended up buying something else. i bought a 36 wright velke hydro demo model with 2.1 hrs. for $3300. plus tax. i did demo mower but i dont have any walkbehind experiance as of yet and there is going to be a little learning curve it seems. anyhow, i think i made a real good deal but i do not know alot about wright equipment. my primary mower is a 20 hp walker that i am real happy with. your thoughts good or bad will be appreciated..... clay

2. Ferdelance

Ferdelance LawnSite Member

I am in the market to purchase a small walkbehind. How do like the Velke Mower?

3. Gabriel Turf

Gabriel Turf LawnSite Member

I have a Wright Stander and it is a great mower. I have friends that own the Sentar and swear by them. I am sure the Velke Mower will serve you well if it is anything like the other products that Wright sells.

4. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I usually try to find out all I can about a mower BEFORE I purchase it : )

Wright owners generally seem happy with their products. I like the steering system "push to go" on the velke mower. The price seems good. But I'm put off by fixed decks since I like to be able to accurately change deck height quickly while also maintaining optimal blade pitch. On a 36", if you mow at generally the same height all the time, it should do fine.

5. energy

energy LawnSite Member

You got a real nice machine, better than that belt drive. it will last you for many years.

6. clay duncan

clay duncan LawnSite Senior Member

yeah bruce 32 i usually know more about what i am buying than the person selling it but in this case i stumbled across it accidently and there was also a 12 month same as cash deal that day, therefore not alot of homework time. i very seldom ever adjust deck height if i do it would be up one notch so the fixed deck does not bother me. thanks for the reply..... clay