1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

360 degree Mowers with the 60 inch deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by washclyd, Mar 27, 2003.

1. washclyd

washclyd LawnSite Member

Hi All:

I am in the market for one of the bad boy mowers. I have checked out Gravely, Great Dane, and the Dixie Choppers. I am finding out that most of the mowers are somewhat comparable in prices. Per your professional experiences, which is the best mower for the money? I need a mower that will chew up anywhere from 1 acre to 5 acre lots.

Is there any truth to decks supported with chains only bend after time.

I appreciate your time and input.

Regards,

Aaron

2. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

i run a scag 61/25hp kohler. so far agreat machine. at 1000hrs it need some parts nothing major. fall/ winter are the best dealing times for prices.wait if you can

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I think he wants the mower now not in 9 months or why would he bother posting this question now LOL

4. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

good thing you run scags bhboy:D

5. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

You just now noticed? LOL just curious but why do you say that?

I run a fully loaded SuperScag with all the goodies... if you want more pics or a detailed list of mods please email me, lets stay on topic ;)

mar27132.jpg

6. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

bhboy, kidding man kidding man. love the wb. word of advice the sulky will get you. i had one and it gave me carpal tunnel bad. the lifting motion, pushing down got me. you may be young but you will get old!!! get yourself a tiger. it is grrrreat!:D

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I think I know what you mean... just slow down and then give it a quick boost of speed as you push down and it's no problem :D
    Can't afford the Tiger now LOL

8. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

BHB, why did you put that third caster wheel on the front? That's gonna leave an extra line down the middle.

9. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

who has time to slow down man. if you fertilize then not you!!!

10. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Actually it doesn't. I put it on there for less scalping especially when turning and it's height adjustable. I keep it up a spacer or two for normal mowing but on rough terrain I can put it down even with the others if I want. Look at the pics in the "It's starting" thread for pics of just mowing with it.