360 degree Mowers with the 60 inch deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by washclyd, Mar 27, 2003.

1. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

how much nite time mowing do you get to do??
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

I thought we were talking about needing to lift the deck up and that gives you carpal tunnel with the sulky's leverage? I don't need to lift the deck while mowing unless there is an object, usually just to trailer or go over something? I don't fertilize, my dog does :D :cool: :p

Sometimes I get alittle nite mowing, I have used lights before to finish mowing on the garden tractor, but usually only need them during leaf season when it gets dark alot sooner. They're there if I need them ;)
  3. LWNMWR1

LWNMWR1 LawnSite Member

didn't even think about fall!! good idea. we were talikng about lifting. curbs stumps hills(at the to) trailer. you name it. keep track maybe you do it more than you realize!! another tip... don't use your trimmer one handed for extended periods. i am paying for that every day. hard habit to break!!!:rolleyes:
  4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

The third wheel prevents alot of lifting over berms, and the sulky pull position makes it lift some by itself over hilltops/berms, trailer gate, etc. so not really any effort there. I can't trim one handed anyway LOL. Got an Echo SRM2400SB with a curved shaft trimmer attachment (yes I made lol) and a Stihl FS80R straight shaft so whichever one fits application best I use. Never could get the hang of one handed trimming OR edging with straight shaft (actually could on a curved).
  5. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark,scag,bobcat did i say exmark already??
  6. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

7. Welcome to Lawnsite.

I thought I'd give you some of the slang to help you fit in.

First of all, everybody here calls them ZTRs not 360 degree mowers.
    And when you said you were in the market for a bad boy mower I thought you meant the brand name "Bad Boy" mowers.;)

As for your question of which is the best, it's still under discussion. Though you mentioned some fine brand names.

PS; It's also considered good manners to respond toward the end of the thread. Mention if your question was answered, thank people for responding etc.

So jump right in. It's nice to have another member who uses capitalization and punctuation. :D
  8. washclyd

washclyd LawnSite Member

Thanks for the feedback and a special thanks to Mr. Haggerty for the tips on lawn mowing dialogue. I am definitely "wet behind the ears"! I was wondering what the term "ZTR" stood for.

My choices are as follows:

2002 Gravely 260Z: $7,199
    2003 Great Dane Chariot: $7,399
    2002 Dixie Chopper w/ 15 hours: $8,100

Any suggestions?

Have great weekends and be safe,

9. Piedmont Lawn

Piedmont Lawn LawnSite Member

Local Gravey dealer has an add in this weeks paper, 2002 260Z 25Hp Kawasaki or 27 Kohler $6,995.00.

10. From here on it's "what's best for you."

Which brand does your dealer stock parts for?
    What's your engine choices?
    What kind of mowing do you do?

We just need a little more info.