1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

360Z-80" cut

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Just saw this Howard Price Turf Equipment 360Z with an 80" cut in Turf Mag. It appears like a cross between the Great Dane Gateway and Flex-Deck styles.

Looks like a good design in the pics and it would probably be good for tose of you with huge areas to mow.

Until this I never heard of Howard Price. I assume they aren't a popular brand for some reason because I don't see them mentioned on here.
  2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

3. yardboyltd

yardboyltd LawnSite Senior Member

Yes I saw it as well today.. Looks very similar to the Flex Deck design. Maybe a patent conflict on either side? I do like the looks of that mower though. Looks like a workhorse.
  4. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

look at the deck on it, it's on two different sides in two pictures:confused:
  5. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Howard price makes pretty good machines, but dealers are hard to find. Even harder to find are parts. Our City's Parks Dept used to have a whole fleet of big Howard Price machines. Parts availability got so bad, they started stripping some mowers to keep others runnung. Finally they sold off all the Howard Price machines and replaced them with other brands. People came to the auctions from all over this part of the country just to get the machines for parts. It would be wise to avoid anything Howard Price makes unless you are within driving distance of the factory. They may not even have parts there however.:(
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't see it on there. Am I missing something? The closest I saw to that was the 1280, which is a small version of a WAM. This is certainly not a new concept if this is the case. We used old Howards back in the early 80'2 that had fold down batwings, but these were smaller machines that ended up with about a 100" cut, I believe. Definitely a "rough-rider", too.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Runner, its in the new Turf mag.
  8. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

That utility vehicle they have (maverick) is the same utility that Lesco has (GT 642).
  9. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Wonder what the price of a machine like that pictured would be?