360Z with a 20" WING!!- 8-" cut!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Highpoint, Feb 25, 2002.

1. Highpoint

Highpoint LawnSite Member

Just got an invite to the Howard Price open house on March 13. The literature shows a picture of a new 360Z with a wing!
    Any body know anything?
  2. rwleigh

rwleigh Banned

I did not know about howard price but I have seen a picture of the other missouri manufacture with a mower deck like that!
  3. plow kid

plow kid Banned

The other "company" as he puts it is a sponsor here, FlexDeck, check out his forum.~NaTe

WREBELMACHINE LawnSite Bronze Member

I do not think he is reffering to the flex deck.
  5. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Rebel, I agree. Brad(flex-deck) is from Mediapolis, Iowa......Lynn
  6. Atlas sells them and Howard Price is manufarctued directly behind them in Chesterfield Mo. (St. Louis County)

My neighbor runs many HP products
  7. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I know of a few LMOs who have used the Howard Price machines and say they prefer others over them.

I took one for a test drive at a dealer and didnt like the cut the unit had, seemed comparable to a Scag, which IMHO is not as nice as a BobCat or eXmark. I dont know if its a fair assessment or not, just my personal opinion.
  8. Before any of you decide to make any judgments of Howard Price, think about this first;

They were first to make many of the industry standards or inovations you all see today.

Self contained Hydrostatic's

Striping roller

Wing decks

Pivoting decks

ZTR with a Pivoting front end

A list of some.

Heck I know a few guys who still run the HP 3 wheelers with Wisconsins on them. 20 plus years old.

My neighbor runs many ZTR 360's and 48" to 60" Wb's.

He bought a Lazer and wants to sell it to me, don't ask me why.

Getting the right blades on a mower is key to getting those staglers cut. Sometimes it may be an incorrect engine speed.

Now I have seen them cut and they do a fair job of striping and cutting, I did not get to see them cut real tall grass so discharge of clipping is still left to be determend.

Highpoint can you scan the pic of the mower with a wing deck and post it?
  9. Green King

Green King LawnSite Senior Member

I got to drive a 360-80 last week! I like it nice machine! Could not tell on the stripping effect because it is so dry here at the moment. The machine was smooth and did not have much if any blowout on the front of the deck. A little pricy but it is one of a kind!